Dedicated Attorneys Providing Violent Crimes Defense
Have you been accused of misdemeanor assault in northern Michigan? Do you need aggressive defense for violent crimes? Are you unsure of what to expect if you are convicted? At Williams & Associates in Traverse City, Michigan, we take litigation seriously. While some attorneys are happy to plea bargain, our attorney sets our sights on vigorous defense of violent crimes. We have been in practice for more than 35 years, and in that time, we have successfully defended clients across the state accused of aggravated assault, domestic violence and resisting arrest.
Dedicated Defense Against All Violent Criminal Charges
We defend clients against a wide range of violent crimes, including:
- Homicide and murder charges: Intentional taking of human life
- Domestic violence: Physical and psychological abuse that is repeated in a cycle of violence, usually between spouses
- Aggravated assault: Severe harm caused by physical violence or the use of a weapon
- Simple criminal battery: Harmful or offensive contact, usually a misdemeanor
- Resisting arrest: Running away from or threatening a police officer
When the attorneys at our firm accept your case, our goal is to win. First, we comb the police report and review the facts of the case with you. Then we start building a strategic plan based on the facts and our investigation of your obstruction of justice or other charges.
Protecting Your Rights Now And Into The Future
Our attorneys look for opportunities to reduce criminal charges from a felony to a misdemeanor or have the charges dismissed altogether. Many of the clients we defend are young people with their futures in front of them. A felony conviction creates a whole host of problems now and down the road, including:
- Denial of voting rights
- Denial of the right to own firearms
- Denial of job and advancement opportunities
- Difficulty finding an apartment
We may be able to pursue a reduced sentence through deferment and probation. To find out more, we recommend that you consult with an experienced violent crimes lawyer. Serious charges demand serious representation.